The Department of Mathematics at the University of Leicester is seeking to appoint a Knowledge Transfer Associate to work with dataffirm Ltd on a collaborative Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project.
Based in Primrose Hill, in the heart of London, dataffirm Ltd provides data analytics for fund managers in hedge funds and investment banks. The product assimilates data from traditional and alternative sources, and delivers analytics that enable more accurate predictions into company performance and stock price.
The Associate will be tasked with managing and delivering a key, strategic data science project within dataffirm Ltd.
The Associate will be a University employee but will be jointly supported and supervised by staff from both dataffirm Ltd and the University of Leicester. The Associate will be based at the company’s London premises.
The focus of the KTP project is to project-manage a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) with the aim of analysing social media data as part of developing a new generation of product that will deliver leading information and predictions to the professional investment community.
You will have:
A minimum Master’s degree qualification in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer science, or a related discipline.
- Proficiency in software programming (Scala/Python/R/MatLab).
- A sense of excitement about building something unique, with a strong customer focus, using cutting edge data science techniques.
- The ability to develop and grow your skills quickly.
- A passion about making novel and exciting products.
- The ability to take ideas from conception to release.
Other essential requirements:
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent team-working skills and the ability to liaise and collaborate with a wide range of people.
- Project management and business acumen.
Salary range: £38,000-£45,000 per annum depending on qualifications and experience.
- Training funds of £4,000
- On-site fitness area
- Refreshments provided such as tea and coffee
- Working with passionate, like-minded people
The successful applicant will be provided with additional training funds of £4,000 for the duration of the project.
This appointment is for a period of 2 years on a fixed term contract basis with a possibility of conversion into a permanent role at dataffirm Ltd, subject to performance and suitable role availability.
Visa sponsorship is on offer if you are based in the UK